External Evaluation of the Dementia Care Research Programme
Partnership funding for the Dementia Research Programme from The Atlantic Philanthropies included costs for an external evaluation.
The purpose is to evaluate the:
- Process for identifying research priorities in Northern Ireland to inform the research topics;
- Organisation of the call for proposals and award process;
- Inter-disciplinary and inter-sectoral relationships developed as a result of joint research projects;
- Capacity built to continue applied dementia care research in NI and attract alternative funding;
- Perceived quality and breadth of dissemination activity; and
- Degree to which the findings of research projects have influenced dementia care and support services delivered by Government and have the potential for future influence.
Following a procurement exercise, PACEC was commissioned by AP and HSC Research and Development Division to conduct this evaluation over the next 4 years. The evaluation commenced in May 2015 and the first report is now available.